Sunday, October 23, 2011

Pit Bull Awareness Day Exstravaganza

Literature Blogs
blog directory
Well, all, Yukon here~
Yesterday was Pit Bull Awareness Day with a big parade and photo op in Indy.  I helped mom at her booth.  We were parked right beside the parade starting point.  Mom had me sit beside her and be still while all those interesting dogs and people walked by.  There were some really cool costumes, like a Scooby Do-dog, and a couple Count Dracula-dogs, not to mention the Cat Fish Hunter....my personal fav.  I only did a soft warning to a few people who were crowding me and hovering over my head, but I did let a boat-load of people pet me.

There were a few people that I really liked and gave full-body hugs.  Mom was afraid I was gonna hug one lady into falling over, but I didn't hug her that hard.  Some nice men helped mom with the show trunk and setting up the little tent-thingy, but it blew down two times.  The first time, the tent knocked moms coffee cup over and got the edge of one book wet.  A little girl who was a Girl Scout helped mom put the tent back, so mom gave her the copy of the book with the wet edge and told her thanks like a million times for helping with the tent.  A couple of times, I got so high energy that I had to play a new game we invented.

New Game:  4 Foot Fetch.  It is played with a dog on a 4 foot leash and a human, and a soft toy that is not a ball....in our case, a bone shaped firehose.  Momma would give the little toy a toss, high and short.  Then I would pounce on it and give it back.  This was a fast action game with only a little bit of tug.  I got so I could catch it in the air and hand it right back, so mom would throw it again.  She got tricky, throwing it over her shoulder sometimes!  But I still got it in a hurry.  It was too simple, really, and I was tired of playing in about 5 minutes but it helped me break the tension of being a "world famous" co-author on display....and on my best behavior.  I was really happy to get my Tuxedo off before mom started taking down the display and tent.

Mom seemed pretty happy even though we didn't sell any books.  She talked a lot, which always makes her happy and met some people.  The Girl Scout helped keep me company while mom carried stuff back to the truck and a very nice man helped mama put the show trunk back in the pick-up truck.  I let the Girl Scout pet me on top of the head through the bars of my crate, which sometimes I tell even mama not to do....but then, I didn't have any food in my crate, so it was okay.

When we got home I went straight to the yard and did a big pile of business which I had been too tense to do at the parade with all those strange dogs around--although I did leave some pretty lengthy p-mail messages on the concrete flower urns and lamp posts.  After that, I took a long nap with Gretchen, Sally and Mama all on the big bed, which was super soft since mama just got a new blankie with velvet on the top and sherpa-wool on the bottom.  We were very tired and I kept dreaming and twitching, but no sleep-barking that I know of.

Yerz, Yuk-Van-Winkle

No comments:

Post a Comment