Monday, August 15, 2011

Too Cool

Yukon here~
The doggone heat wave has finally passed on.....get it?  The "wave" passed.....I crack myself up.  The weather is perfect for ball rolling all morning.  I spend a lot of time fighting with my ball in the dog house....I guess that might sound sort of goofy to folks who haven't seen our dog house.

Dad built a box out of half a sheet of plywood and walls made of the rest of the sheet of plywood.  So it's two foot deep and four foot wide by four foot long.  Then there is an arch made of steel fence from one side of the wooden wall to the other.  That is covered by two layers of bright scarlet shag carpeting.  Inside is a lot of straw and fluff from shredded stuff that us doggies have used to make our house soft, cushions, sleeping bags, pillows. Anyhow.  There is a step to help get in, from when Bonnie started with the bad arthritis.  But on the inside, there is no step to help a feller get out.  Putting the ball inside the house is easy--getting it back out is ruff.  But it's fun.

Yesterday, Mom wanted me to play with my big red ball, which is okay, but not my favorite.  She put my favorite on the roof of the doghouse and told me to get the red ball.  Now you may have heard that dogs cant tell color, but that doesn't matter to me, because mom was pointing to what she wanted.  We played for about half an hour before mom got tired and went back inside (something about 'work to do' sheesh!)  That cussed woman did not give back my favorite!

I had to climb up onto the roof of the doghouse from the couch that lives on our back porch.  Then the ball rolled sort of off the doghouse roof and got wedged between the wall of the house and the side of the doghouse.  I knelt down on my front elbows with my rump high in the air, but I couldn't roll the ball out of the crack where it was stuck.  I tried standing on the ball a little bit, but that just wedged it tighter.  Barking at it did not help, but I tried it anyway.  Mom came out to see my problem and just laughed.  But she also stayed to see how I would fix my situation.  I kept poking the ball with my nose and pushing it with my feet.  Finally, it fell off the edge of the doghouse, skipped the porch floor and went all the way down to the yard.  That would have been about a ten foot jump for me, so I played it smart and jumped onto the couch, then the porch and took the stairs to get down.  But then I was free to chase my favorite ball for the rest of the morning.

I deserved my nap that day, I tell you what!
Yukonappster

No comments:

Post a Comment