Thursday, July 21, 2011

Gretchen the Grump

It's been un-doggly hot the last week or so, and today is just the same.  I get so rambunctious when I can't play ball outside.....and mom keeps making me come inside with the A/C.  'Course then I just try to play ball inside....which mom makes me stop....so that leaves tug-of-war. 

Sal is not a good combatant for that game.  She just follows wherever I tug her to.  It's gotta be Gretchen.  Then she goes over-board on the competition deal and turns all serious.  I try to tell her it's not that deep, but she insists on having her top-dog girly way.  She always takes the rope to her crate and chews on it by herself when we are done.  It's not sports-dog-like, if you ask me. Tug-of-war is supposed to be about give and take, not just take....but try telling her bully-ness that!  Ha!

Gretchen has applied for an intern possition as apprentice digger at the escavation site.  She shows some tallent and ambition, but seems to lack focus.  She can dig with enthusiasm for three minutes, flipping dirt behind her with a will to succeed.  Then, it's off barking at a cat, or scratching her back on the steps.  Exasperating.  Oh, but let me go check on her progress, and she's all "This MY hole" and back to digging like her life depends on it.  I miss my partner, Daphne.

Times is hard in the hole-business.  Yerz, ever, Yukon

No comments:

Post a Comment