Thursday, July 28, 2011

Chasin' Bunnies

Yukon here~
Went to the woods for three days.  We didn't take Sally, cause mom said it was too hot.  Well, duh!  It WAS TOO HOT.  In the mornings and late afternoons, we walked to the tadpole pool and I went in every time.  It's gettin sort of low and slimey.  Mom wouldn't let me back in the camper until I got dry, and she said she wasn't using her good towels on me, either.  So, I hadda stay out and air dry.  I had my ball and egg to play with, and the tall grass makes it more fun, so I didn't mind too much.

On our walk to the pool, we saw a real live wild bunny!!!

Anyways, I saw him about the same time as he saw me, and the run was ON!  He didn't have to go very far until he holed up.  I snuffled around for awhile, until mom called me back.  The next time I saw that rabbit, I guessed he was going the same direction, so I zigged before he zagged and the bunny had to make other plans.  That time he ran a long ways, with twisty turns tryin to dodge me.  I know I was panting like a hound, but my smile almost cracked my face when I went back to tell mama about the adventure.  It's so much more exciting when you can see what you're chasing, and not just following some scent of unknown origin.  Don't know as I've ever seen half the critters that live in the woods, but I've smelled em.  And I've followed em.  Nope, I never catch em.

As always, Yerz, Yukonogram

No comments:

Post a Comment