Friday, July 22, 2011

After supper digging

Yukon here~ It's still hot with so much water in the air that panting doesn't even help cool a feller down.  I just lay beside the water fountain when I'm outside and take a few laps without getting up, whenever I need to.  It's the most I can do to lay on top of the doghouse and keep an eye on the yard.  Mom won't let me stay out for more than an hour.

When I come in to the AC, I have to sleep on the cold linolium floor in the bathroom near the vent.  I can't play ball.  Mom will throw it three times then makes me stop.  I would chase and fetch until I fell over and she knows it.  Now though, it's after supper and I'm digging on the hole that Gretchen started yesterday.  It's her turn to be inside the house.  Her work isn't all that bad, really.  Still kind of wide and shallow.  I tend to make deeper trench shaped holes.  Maybe she is more of a pond digger, whereas I am a canal digger.  We all have our dog-given talents, nature's wonders to perform.  The cool soil at the bottom of a hole is heaven on a hot day.

My friend Ojo has a deal with her mom.  Before Ojo is allowed to play ball, she gets sprayed with the hose so she doesn't over heat.  Then she gets ten minutes of ball before she has to go back inside.  I know Ojo's mom told everyone about their deal, so maybe mom will consider it as an option.  She broke down this morning and handed me the 6 inch ball-in-a-ball ball, inside the house.  It went under the stove first thing and I laid on my side and fished for it with my front paws, but no luck.  Maybe I can talk a cat into rolling it back?  Maybe that new cat, Sylvia....Gotta go, Yerz ever, Yukon

No comments:

Post a Comment