Sunday, September 4, 2011

The importance of being Yukon

Yukon here ~~Intruders!!!  In the middle of the night!!!  I was minding my own business when what did I discover, clinging to a flimsy branch dangling above my back yard?  A possum!!  How dare that varmint tresspass?  I know, I know, mom has us being friendly with opussums in her book, but that's just fantasy!!!

I was jumping up trying to get the furry rodent when Gretchen got in my way and I landed on her.  She was pretty riled up barking at the intruder, too, so when I landed on her she said some pretty mean things and acted like she was gonna rip off my face.  I yelled right back in her face.  Mom was yelling out the window for us to stop, but me and Gretchen don't fight the same as Gretchen and Penne used to.  I snarled and snapped in Gretchen's face until she backed off, and then I walked away.  Nothing is worth a trip to the emergency VET!!!  Besides, I don't fight with girls...it wouldn't be fair.  Mom made us come inside, saying the neighbors must all have heard us.....Well, GOOD.  They all need to know that enemy infiltrators are among us.

By this time everyone was wide awake, so mom called dad at work and told him what happened. Me and Gretchen were still worked up, so we played tug-of-war for a while to get ourselves sorted out and calmed back down.  I asked mom a bunch of times if I could go back out and make sure that thing left our tree, but she didn't understand what I wanted.  Or maybe she was pretending not to know....somehow that seems more likely.  After a million times of me asking to go out and mom ignoring me, we all went back to bed and watched a stupid movie for awhile, then mom turned off the tv and we all got some shut-eye.
Yerz ever, Yukon-the-protector at your service

No comments:

Post a Comment