Friday, September 2, 2011

Dances with Squirrels

This afternoon, I looked out the office window to see Yukon prancing about on his hind legs and looking vacantly into the air with a goofy grin on his face.  If I hadn't known better, I'd have thought he was high!  But I did know better.  Yukon was actually looking at the roof above my window, where a squirrel was busily eating seeds from the rain gutter.  (I could see about three inches of squirrel tail dangling from the eaves.)  He hopped back and forth a few times, even ran up onto the porch, but decided against taking an ill informed flying leap.  To further torment my big brownie, the fur-tailed rat walked hand-over-hand across the electric lines that span my back yard, bringing Yukonski to a frothing frenzy.  That little rodent was trying to kill my dog!!!  It's over 98 degrees out there.  I called Yukon inside and he went straight to the water bowl, even though he's got two 5gallon water jugs outside on the porch.

Then my smart doggy went to lay on the linoleum floor right in front of the air conditioning vent.  I love that lunk-head boy.  KIM

No comments:

Post a Comment