Monday, December 5, 2011

Unhappy Hound

Well, mama's going crazy this time of year, but not like other years....I got my Annual Big Dig going on, so I need to spend as much time outside as possible.  The open-pit coal mine I have in the back yard will hit coal any day now and then mama can be warm all winter without going away for money....but that's just the problem....She's not waiting for me to find coal.

Mama is going away every night almost and coming home smelling funky, like plastic and chemicals and dust, not to mention the mama-smells of hard work in a hot place....and she thinks I smell rank?  Ha! But still, I'm joyous to finally see her come dragging her no-wag tail home in the morning.   I'm like, "Hi!  Hello!  Where ya Been?" and I just get a wimpy hug before she falls into bed with her shoes on....I don't give up though.  I really want her to know how much I love her (and how hungry I am for my breakfast.)  After a few minutes, she drags her sorry carcass off the bed and gives us a scoop of food, then feeds the bunnies and takes a shower.  Then she lets me out for a long day at the mine-shrine.

I will find coal eventually, just maybe not this year.
Yerz, Yukon the Miner

No comments:

Post a Comment