Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Crash! Bang! Boom!

Literature Blogs
blog directory

Yukon here~  As you well know, I'm a big feller....and sometimes things near me just seem to fall down, even when I don't think I even touched them....well, today it was mom's big bunny cage with the little bunny cage inside it.  I was just playing ball on the porch, since it was rainy, pushing the ball into and out of the dog house and up the outside wall, like I generally do.  But this morning, the ball got stuck between the doghouse roof and the new big pen.  When I tried to get the ball un-stuck, mom's cage fell down all by itself....it just collapsed.

I got out of there as quick as I could, but Gretchen was still sniffing the damage when mom came running....Gretchen caught the blame for that one, but I'm not so sure mom was right.....but hey, looks like I got a break in the "who's fault is it" game.  I'll take that!!!!  Anyway, mom was just happy that the new rabbit didn't get hurt.  Once she calmed down and started fixing the wreckage, she sort of told dad that it was a good thing this happened when the humans were there to fix it.  I tried to come out and help, but they said no and closed the bathroom window.  Dad also told me "NO" about coming out through the closed office window.  Sheesh!  I thought the whole point of fixing the window with plexi-glass was so it wouldn't cut me the next time I used the office window for an escape hatch....but it seems the humans have other ideas.  Dunno why.

When they finally let me out, there was nothing left for me to help them with, so I offered to let them play ball with me.  I got the "not now, Yukon" excuse.  Anyhoo, the rabbit is loose in the big pen with the door to her cage open so she can hop back inside whenever she wants to.  I don't mind trading sniffs with the bunny, but she doesn't run, so there's no sense in trying to chase her.  How Boring!  What good is a rabbit that doesn't run?  Still, mom likes to hold her, says Stella is velvety.  At least she's got a cool name, Miss Stella.  Better than Honey-Bunny, I guess.

Yerz, Yukon C. Jack

No comments:

Post a Comment