Friday, July 20, 2012

splashin safari


about a week ago, Hubs and I scored a LARGE kiddie pool, sort of oblong squarish, with a hole in it. Someone had attempted to patch it by melting some other substance onto the originally punctured plastic and only succeeded in making the hole bigger--about the size of a quarter. We figured we could patch it with silicone and a piece of scrap plastic.

However, before Hubs got around to trying it, (he did find a laundry soap bottle to cut apart for the patch attempt), I found an old stained carpet and a leaky waterbed mattress that a neighbor had thrown out. Finally, today, (since it'll be too doggone hot tomorrow) I raked an area of the dog's yard to get all the sticks, bones, and chewed up pop bottles out of the way, laid down the carpet, dragged in the kiddie pool, and tossed in the water bed mattress.

I found the leak in the mattress and cut an "H" shape on the side with the leak. Then I wrapped the edges of the cut mattress over the pool, using the corners of the mattress where the corners of the pool lined up. After a half hour battle with the garden hose, I started to put water in. Yukon loves to be sprayed with the hose. He fights the water stream and gets absolutely drenched. Sal and Gretchen....well...not so much. Yukon jumped in and lay down without much in the way of prompting....Sal had to be ordered and coerced. She did as ordered, but only endured and slunk away the second my back was turned....(Maybe she thought it was the much dreaded "bath outside" that ETB is always grumping about.)

I bet they enjoy it much more tomorrow when it's 100+ degrees! Loving my pups, KIM

1 comment:

  1. Dear Sas, Hope the patch will hold til tomorrow! Stay cool. Luvyuh.

    ReplyDelete